Wednesday, 11 November 2009
First Screenings - Sunday 29th November 2009
We are offering three classic films being shown in Nairn Community Centre to launch Cinema Nairn.
The Wizard of Oz Cert (Colour 1939) "U" Running Time: 101 minutes - 2.00pm
Most youngsters who’ve seen The Wizard of Oz will have seen it at home – a big screen projection in a cinema full of other excited kids will be quite a different experience! It’s 70 years old this year but remains a real feat of film-making.
The Magnificent Seven (Colour 1960) "PG" Running Time: 138 minutes - 5.00pm
Westerns represent cinema’s hey-day for a lot of people and The Magnificent Seven is the daddy of them all with brilliant performances from the likes of Steve McQueen and stirring music by Elmer Bernstein.
I Know Where I'm Going (B&W 1945) "U" Running Time: 92 minutes - 8.00pm
A jewel of British film-making from Powell and Pressburger, set in the Highlands and combining romance, suspense, comedy and a dash of the supernatural.
Hopefully something to suit most peoples tastes.
Tickets (Adults £4.00/Children £3.00) available from the Community Centre, Nairn Bookshop and iolaire photo:graphics (at the Railway Station)
- ► 2014 (11)
- ► 2011 (17)
- ► 2010 (25)
- ▼ 2009 (7)
- Scottish Six Days Orienteering
- Inverness Film Fans
- Britain's Coolest Cinema? Part 1
- Britain's Coolest Cinema? Part 2
- Nairn Community & Arts Centre
- Greater Speyside
- Nairn Book & Arts Festival
- Nairn International Jazz Festival
- Ballerina Ballroom - Cinema of Dreams
- A Pilgrimage
- Cinema of Dreams Forum
- British Federation of Film Societies
- Heartland Film Society
- Newton Stewart Community Cinema
- Scottish Cinemas & Theatres
- The Birks Cinema, Aberfeldy
- Whithorn Community Cinema